Waste permitting and planning
- Project management and coordination for small and medium sized projects/companies.
- Planning applications for waste facilities
- Permit applications for waste facilities
- Permit compliance and regulator engagement
- Permit support for site closure and surrender.
Environmental Technical and Operational Management Support
- Leachate management
- Treatment feasibility assessments
- Environmental compliance management support
- Project management of waste and environmental projects
- Permit compliance audits
Assessment and Optimisation of Waste Treatment
- Processes and Environmental Control Systems
- Operational, technical and commercial assessments of waste treatment activities.
Leachate haulage and disposal (tankering) options and price comparisons
- Market reviews and price comparison for leachate tankering from landfill sites or other contaminated liquids from waste and quarrying facilities.
RDF and SRF Specifications and Disposal/ Recovery options
- Support to operators seeking to improve RDF/SRF quality
- Sourcing suppliers and users of RDF/SRF.
Problem waste streams disposal/recycling options
- Outlets for
- hazardous waste
- waste carpets
Separation of Active and Inactive Wastes destined for Landfill or glass or compost clean up to improve quality and value.
- Sourcing equipment that can process residual fines to maximise the quantity of inactive waste (<10% LOI) from the active fraction.
Environmental Management Systems - Coordination and Development
- Provide support in developing Site Management Systems (Environmental, Quality and Health & Safety).
- Production of Fire Prevention Plans
- Waste and resource management
- Financial provision and life cycle cost modelling
Odour Management and Odour Abatement Plant Performance Assessment
- Development of odour monitoring methods
- Performance assessments for odour abatement plants, and the project management of the design of abatement plant upgrades.
Ultrasonic Tank Testing
- Use of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods to provide a service which can confirm (or not) the integrity of your steel tanks; including leachate tanks and fire water storage tanks.
- Providing clients with hydrogeological risk assessments.
- Support on practical groundwater protection and management measures.
Flood Risk Assessments
- Providing detailed flood risk assessments and practical support and advice
- Monitoring of landfill gas and leachate to confirm compliance with sites' permits and permissions.
- Interpretation of monitoring results and the provision of regular environmental reports.
Surface Water Outfall Controls
- Installation of oil absorbent booms on river or stream outfalls ensuring a last line of defence for a site
- Installing emergency environmental response kits for emergency spillages and leaks
Redundant Asset Management
Closed Site Management and Site Redevelopment
- We have supported numerous waste management operators and site owners in both understanding their liabilities in respect of closed sites and the potential value that these sites may hold.
- Our aim is to assist our clients in optimising the value of their closed or redundant assets.
Closed Landfill Site Audits and Inspections
- Arranging site inspections and audits to be carried out by a technically competent manager e.g. CoTC holder.
- Carrying out quarterly visits to ensure site condition, security and infrastructure are at a satisfactory standard and operators are compliant with their permits/licences
Full Site Life Cost modelling
- Modelling the cost for the whole life span of a site.
Cost Savings on Site Infrastructure
- Reviewing whether all monitoring points are needed, agreeing removal from schedules and decommissioning them where necessary
Use of Beneficial Wastes in Quarry and Landfill Restoration
- Our aim in this area of our business is to help clients either find outlets for the beneficial wastes which they produce or to work with landowners who have land and sites where such beneficial wastes can be utilized.
- Helping operators move towards the surrender of site permits
- The surrender of a permit potentially opens up opportunities for the site to generate revenue.
Solar PV and Grid Balancing, STOR (Short Term Operating Reserve)
- Review of old landfill and quarry sites where we can assess the opportunity of installing either Solar/PV schemes or grid balancing / STOR facilities
- Secure revenue streams to help offset site management costs and provide green credentials for corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) reporting.
Associated Services (with partners)
Land and Property Matters
- We work with development companies who are looking for new land to develop on
Geographical Information Systems (GIS) - Practical Uses
- Geographic information Systems are systems designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage, and present all types of geographical data in a spatial form of output.
- The use of GIS software for spatial mapping and analytics.
Technology Choices for Waste Processing
- We work with companies who supply new technologies in waste processing and landfill aftercare management
- Topographic Surveys and Aerial Inspections using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV's)
- Aerial site survey and site installation inspection work
Waste Business Insurance Review
- We work with an associate insurance broker to assess the level of insurance cover required for your waste facility and whether it can be improved